FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:23 am
holloway1000

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Intercontinental Carlton Cannes

Intercontinental Carlton CannesWhich room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a basic room for 1 nights using points. Upgraded to a Deluxe Room with a ‘partial sea view’.

How are the rooms?
The room was lovely. A good size, nespresso machine but only 4 pods. The bathrooms are small, but good quality.
You had to lean out of the window to get the ‘sea view’, but still better than nothing.
They could have better sound proofing. Especially with all the supercars around.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
  • The Ambassador welcome amenity was a luggage tag and a welcome drink in the bar. (one drink, not one per person, a second drink for my partner was 14 euro)
  • The staff on reception were amazing.
  • We arrived at 10 am expecting to have to drop off bags and entertain ourselves until the afternoon, but they got a room ready for us within 15 mins.
  • They honoured the late checkout until 4pm even though it was a points booking.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

We booked on point, so it was amazing value. Especially as we got early check in and late check out.
It was fascinating to see all the supercars, such as Bugattis etc, and people in the bar ordering £10,000 worth of drinks in one go.
If I build up a substantial pool of points I would go back, but the private beach is 55 euro per person per day, with a coke costing 10 euro.
The nearest public beach is a 10 min walk, and very busy.