FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:33 pm
Dr.Leo

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
How did you accomplish this? Any advice on what to say, did you talk to a supervisor, etc?

I have a category 8 certificate attached to a reservation next week. I need to cancel the reservation but keep the certificate (as a floater cert) for a future stay. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Marriott this morning, and they told me that if I canceled the reservation the cert would convert to 135K points, which is ridiculous. I even talked to a supervisor, but had no luck with keeping the certificate if I cancel. I'm planning to call back later this week when I have a couple of hours to spare, but any advise would be appreciated.
I had to explain the CSR that previously i just wanted to cancel my reservation NOT the certificate and still my certificate (cat 1-5) got cancelled and converted to points. She told me that their system is right now hard coded as anyone who has their legacy certificates attached to the reservations before 8/18 will try to cancel the reservation, system will automatically convert it into points. So she apologized first for the previous CSR and then issued me a new shiny Cat 1-4 certificate (QP83) expiring 8/21/19. She also told me since this certificate is generated via new system i can attach n detach it as many times as i can no issues. I have it floating tho no need to book anything right now just wana see how things end up first.