FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Post-merger luxury opinions
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:48 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HookEm
My o my. I seem to have irritated someone. I was merely expressing an alternate viewpoint that it is not a good value hotel. That does mean I should be marginalized. When I read a different opinion from mine, I don’t write something like: “that’s what YOU think, but everyone who knows anything agrees with me because surveys agree with me and not YOU.”
Sorry I irritated you. Cheers.
Not at all! I merely want to set the record straight for anyone else considering those top hotels in the city. Just as @spgplat21 did after me.

Everyone values service and luxury amenities differently. You don't seem to value them nearly as much as I do or @spgplat21 does. But I think it's worthwhile to elaborate on those for others so they can choose for themselves.

Your blanket assessment that the StR service is all about butler service just isn't true for me and for @spgplat21.

Your assessment that the StR is so expensive ignores for me and for @spgplat21 that all hotels in San Francisco are very expensive. You know it's a pricey town when even the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf can reach over $800 a night!

I respect your reasons for thinking the StR is not a good value based on the priorities you have for a hotel. I ask that you respect mine and @spgplat21's for thinking the StR is an exceptional hotel based on our set of priorities.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 22, 2018 at 11:58 am