FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Post-merger luxury opinions
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:43 am
HookEm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bhrubin
That butler service is a fantastic service, indeed. And it is true that it is guaranteed only for the suites. That being said, I know that many Ambassador and Plat guests who haven't received upgrades have sometimes been granted butler service as a nice gesture.

That the hotel is disappointing for YOU for the price paid is an opinion to which you are entitled. That is not an opinion shared by the overall service surveys of all luxury hotels in San Francisco, which consistently rate this as the city's best. The price paid is about supply and demand, and the prices here in San Francisco are particularly high at all hotels because there are far more customers than available hotels. It's not like the rates at the RC or Palace are much cheaper, and it says something that the JW rates are usually well below those of the aforementioned 3 hotels. Price reflects the demand, and there's obviously plenty of demand for the St Regis. It rates even higher than the Four Seasons for a reason.

That being said, the overall St Regis service unrelated to butler service STILL is considered the best in San Francisco. Service in the restaurants, service in the bar, service with housekeeping, service with the concierge (which has never failed to book me at any restaurant in the city with advance notice), service with the bellmen, service with the valets, service with the front desk--all are tremendous. Not to mention the food/beverage, the larger guest rooms, the modern decor, and the superb location.

My o my. I seem to have irritated someone. I was merely expressing an alternate viewpoint that it is not a good value hotel. That does mean I should be marginalized. When I read a different opinion from mine, I don’t write something like: “that’s what YOU think, but everyone who knows anything agrees with me because surveys agree with me and not YOU.”
Sorry I irritated you. Cheers.