FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing Air Canada Basic Economy
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:14 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by axIguy
Purchased a TATL fare via FlightHub on AC. YYZ-LHR r/t.

FlightHub showed Economy Basic and Economy Standard options. AC.com also showed Economy Basic and Economy Standard options at the same price. AC.com also indicated that the Economy Standard fare would include 1 checked bag. I greedily booked the FlightHub Economy Standard fare assuming 1 checked bag would be included, in order to avail of some cashback through topcashback . Instead, it went through as '-LGT' suffixed Economy Basic fare....even though I paid for the 'upgraded' Economy Standard price.

A closer inspection of FlightHub's site does indeed show that their Economy Basic and Economy Standard fares DO NOT include 1 free checked bag. On AC.com, an Economy Standard fare includes 1 checked bag (for TATL at least...haven't looked into the others). Is AC selling tickets via OTAs with 'different' Economy Standard conditions than what they sell directly (ie without and with a checked bag)?

From FlightHub:

Economy Basic: - Checked bags for a fee - No flight changes

Economy Standard: - Checked bags for a fee - Flight changes for a fee - Up to 50% Aeroplan Miles

From AC.com:

Economy Basic: - Checked bags for a fee - No flight changes

Economy Standard: - 1st checked bag free - changes for a fee - Up to 50% Aeroplan Miles
Go to ac.com, Mange my bookings, enter your AC booking ref and it will show you your baggage allowance. In case your OTA is wrong which is a possibility with the change to branded fares