FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:16 pm
Degerminator

Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Why are people in such a rush to merge their accounts? Yes, you're going to want to do it by end of year. But there's no reason to do it right now versus two weeks from now. Let the system quiesce and don't tempt fate IMO.
Curiosity is fickle and fun sometimes.

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Similarly, I'm at 480+ lifetime nights and 1.58 million lifetime Marriott points (just shy of the 500/1.6 that I need -- and will get by year-end -- for old lifetime gold/new lifetime platinum) and I merged my accounts today. I'm also wondering if it was a mistake. I suspect we'll end-up okay; but, we may need to follow-up with MR several times to have the lifetime status qualified under the old rules effected.

As an update, I called in (and waited on hold for 45 minutes...), but the agent was able to see and confirm that my lifetime points total was 1.96 million, and also confirmed that if I break 2 million by year end, I will be grandfathered in to LTPP. So I feel a bit less nervous now.
I do see a lifetime points total in the app by clicking on my current status level, but right now it's sitting at 0. The agent said that should update "soon".