FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:09 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Why are people in such a rush to merge their accounts? Yes, you're going to want to do it by end of year. But there's no reason to do it right now versus two weeks from now. Let the system quiesce and don't tempt fate IMO.
I'll be honest, curiosity killed the cat for me, particularly wrt to LT status. But I also have an upcoming award stay at a Marriott, and I wanted to see if my ambassador could do something to help me apply my SPG SNAs to the stay vs forking over the $500 asking price for a decent room upgrade (he asked that I check back next week, as they are having issues on that front). Not sure that will be possible in the end, but pretty confident it would've been more of a challenge to apply those SPG SNAs to a Marriott stay with un-merged accounts. In any event, my MR status didn't change to reflect Ambassador until combining, and that may have a small influence in the upgrade process if it has to wait until check-in?

It's also nice having all of my points parked in one app and at one website, although that's admittedly a pretty weak factor to take into consideration.