FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:54 pm
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Degerminator
I was at 850+ nights, 1.96 million points (all Marriott), and I merged my accounts. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake as I can't find my lifetime points anymore... I should have waited until I was confirmed over 2 million points, if only to save me some worrying.

The website shows I'm lifetime platinum now with 9 years of platinum (which doesn't seem like the right amount of years.. should be more like 6).
Similarly, I'm at 480+ lifetime nights and 1.58 million lifetime Marriott points (just shy of the 500/1.6 that I need -- and will get by year-end -- for old lifetime gold/new lifetime platinum) and I merged my accounts today. I'm also wondering if it was a mistake. I suspect we'll end-up okay; but, we may need to follow-up with MR several times to have the lifetime status qualified under the old rules effected.