FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phone lost at IAH (17 Aug 2018) & now found
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:28 pm
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I got a call from United last night (4 days after the phone went missing) that it was in the United Lost and Found office in Terminal B at IAH. I turned on the cell service remotely and checked the Find my iPhone App, and lo and behold there it is:

A few things to note:

1. There is a green halo around the location, apparently indicating the precision of the locational beacon. I did not notice such a halo when I was tracking my phone after I lost it, but it may have been there, and the apparent excursions onto the tarmac that I noted in my original post may simply have been locational tracking error;
2. Its current location is the United lost and found office, which is in Terminal B at IAH;
3. The process of actually getting the phone back from United has involved two telephone calls from United to me, two calls from me to United, and a rather unsettling final resolution that "An agent in Houston will email you when they have more information on how I can retrieve the lost item." Apparently it would simply involve a visit to the office if I were at IAH.
So happy to hear that your phone was found! There are good people out there and this is an example of those folks. I hope you get it back quickly