FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive Thread: Use Sky Miles to upgrade on VS
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:33 am
audidudi

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by gooselee
Update: Still waiting for a response on the miles credit - will give it another week or so before I start calling in (the difference isn't impacting status level or anything for the moment).

However, I also just noticed that the upgrade leg posted incorrectly to SkyBonus, as well. I'll see if correcting the SkyMiles side results in an update there, though I'm guessing that'll be another series of phone calls...
A similar thing happened to me. On DL.com I booked a G fare, in PE, on VS metal from SFO>LHR, and then used 25K miles to upgrade to UC, which then changed the flight # from DL4363 to VS42 and still kept the G fare, which when booked on VS is an award fare, which gives no miles of course! So today it says on my App.."Activity is not eligible for mileage credit"..so I called the DM line and Elaine says .."Oh yes I'm familiar with this. Let me get it straightened out for you, and you should see everything post correctly within 48 hrs"..So the moral of the story is to always follow up with DL ASAP if you see a problem with mileage credit not posting, otherwise if you wait too long (not sure how long!) you might never get the credit!