FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:35 am
akb626

Originally Posted by sigma6
I am about to drop some money on purchased points for the family. I think I need about 80k points more. Looking to do SFO-HKG-MNL or SFO-HKG-CEB for 50k one way. Can I do the stop over online or is everything over the phone? I have been searching through BA to scout possible dates since I am sort of flexible IE early summer 2019. My question is about married segments and how CX will block non stops/directs to HKG but allow more space for other flights. How will this affect me? I would hate to orphan a huge amount of points.

Another question is about booking from separate accounts. Can I book multiple seats with the same agent with different accounts? I would hate to see 3 J seats and book two with my account, only to loose the 3rd when I switch to my wife's account.
Everything over the phone as mentioned above by Flying for Fun - I suggest calling before making the points purchase to see what availability Alaska agents sees. The points purchase (for Alaska via points.com) is instant so no worries about delays there. The phone reps are quite patient as they know you can't view CX availability online.

Originally Posted by suandoma
Is it possible to book HKG - YVR - JFK as one ticket with YVR being the stop over?

Also where can I find a list of destinations from HKG on CX metal? Exploring possible stopover cities.

Thank you!
Unsure of the 1st question - I just booked my friend on XXX-HKG-YVR and the additional JFK segment did not show up [or never had a reason to as the final destination stated was YVR].

As for the 2nd question, if you are near a CX office or flew recently - their Discovery magazine has a useful two pager with their network map and flight times. Here's a phone-quality photo: