FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption of qmiles on partners. Your experience?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:07 am
kornner

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just a datapoint for you guys about this ridiculous QRPC program. I have requested for a cancellation of my CX flights booked with qmiles. As a gold member, I expected a full refund of miles and cash paid for taxes and surcharges. However, QRPC deducted an amount of 1090THB from the refund explained as a 'non-refundable booking fee'. The amount of 1090THB is however, according to the e-ticket itself, is a YR. In fact, the $25-75 per sector award fee has never been charged when I pay for this ticket, in keeping with what other posters in this thread have experienced.

I wrote an e-mail to QRPC for clarification. After 10+ days of no response plus one follow-up email from me stressing there is nowhere on the QR website indicating any part of the taxes and surcharges paid is non-refundable, they just replied back with this.

Dear Mr. ________,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

With reference to your email below we request to visit the link below where it is mentioned that booking fees is non-refundable.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ancements.html

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxxxx
Privilege Club Team
So, according to this email, they are pointing towards the $25-75 per sector booking fee which has never been charged in the first place. I understand that the booking fee, if imposed, would be reflected on the e-ticket but that is nowhere to be found. I know QR is having a financial issue due to the blockade but twisting their tongues and this kind of IDGAF customer service attitude is way beyond my imagination.

EDIT: According to that very link the very helpful QRPC agent kindly sent me ... it also says this
* Booking fee excludes taxes and surcharges. Booking fee is only applicable on Qatar Airways flights. It is not applicable on partner airline flights. Booking fee is non refundable.
So now I don't know why on earth QR would refuse to refund the YR part to me and try to put up with this booking fee crap. I've just sent an email to them to point out the clause. Should I also give them a call or something?

Last edited by kornner; Aug 21, 2018 at 2:22 am