FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:27 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sigma6
I am about to drop some money on purchased points for the family. I think I need about 80k points more. Looking to do SFO-HKG-MNL or SFO-HKG-CEB for 50k one way. Can I do the stop over online or is everything over the phone? I have been searching through BA to scout possible dates since I am sort of flexible IE early summer 2019. My question is about married segments and how CX will block non stops/directs to HKG but allow more space for other flights. How will this affect me? I would hate to orphan a huge amount of points.

Another question is about booking from separate accounts. Can I book multiple seats with the same agent with different accounts? I would hate to see 3 J seats and book two with my account, only to loose the 3rd when I switch to my wife's account.
CX cannot be booked online with AS. All CX awards must be done by calling an Agent. No issue booking from both your and your wife's account. Keep in mind, any changes after 24 hours are subject to the $125 per person change fee if you don't have a waiver.

You can also check LAX, SEA & YVR if you can't find availability for your dates from SFO.

James