FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passengers and security. Not always the best combination
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:57 pm
Diver Boy

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by gormless
Last week in T5 first wing had to be the worst passenger ever in front of me. On her phone the whole time, had her liquids in a bag that had split open so wouldn't pass. Grunted when the screener pointed this out, so the screener went to get a new bag, then couldn't fit everything in it. Pax completely oblivious to holding up the queue, being rude to the screener trying to help. Eventually the screener was able to get her to pay some attention, she discarded a vial and moved on. Meanwhile, I was suggesting to people joining the queue on my side that they should use the other side... myself being captive of the tray having been sent forward. What a mess. Staff 10 points. Passenger 0 - definite DYKWIA nominee.
She still has way to go to meet the hapless person I was stuck behind at LHR T3 a month ago. Went through set off the scanner, came back took off watch, went through set off scanner, came back took off 2nd watch, went through set off scanner, came back took off belt, went through set off scanner, came back took phone out of pocket, went through set off scanner, came back took 2nd phone out of another pocket, went through set off scanner, came back and out money Inc coins from pocket (throughout security were really patient and asking have you got on a belt, money in pockets, a phone etc each time). They went back through and set off the scanner again came back and took more coins out of another pocket with the classic " I thought you only meant UK money".

At that point security took pity on me and let me through so I don't know what else they still had stashed in their pockets.