FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning AA AAdvantage Miles /LPs on CX / Cathay (including Upgrade Issues)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:59 pm
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jh_

Oh, I forgot to mention that I had already submitted a missing mileage request on the AA form online as soon as I realized it wasn't going to credit on Saturday as normal (AA's form somehow recognized my 160 tix number and didn't ask me for flight details as it always does, so I suspect my ticket was already in their system to begin with). This flight posting would bump me into the next status tier, and I mentioned that I had a flight soon (which is true) so I wanted to get it through asap. Maybe that affected my situation. Otherwise, maybe try HUCA?
Note that your status will be updated in AA's system in about 3-5 business days (even if your aa.com status is up to date).

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Oh wow, that's quick!
I called and then the agent asked me for my tickets number.
Somehow she pulled my ticket information and requested CX missing miles. She told me it takes up to 72 hours
She didn't even tell me to send BPs...
BP might not be needed sometimes. Better wait for 72 hours and call again, if nothing happens. If this Saturday morning and still nothing is posted, definitely call again next Monday.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Aug 20, 2018 at 9:06 pm