FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you get a decent seat on Virgin Atlantic?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:56 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
After having no problems as a PM selecting PE seats on previous VS flights over the past 3 years, last August I ran into a snag with a PE ticket on a MAN-BOS flight. I was able to access my reservation on the VS website using either my DL or my VS confirmation number but I could not select a seat. When I called VS the agent said it was because my reservation was for the DL codeshare flight and they could not access the seating chart for that. This still makes NO sense to me, since it was a VS operated flight. I tried HUAC a couple of times with the same results. Delta also could not give me a seat assignment since it was a VS operated flight.

About three days before the flight I was able to get a mileage upgrade to UC and could then select a seat. In the process of upgrading, my DL codeshare flight number changed to the VS flight number.
Nudging this thread to see if others are having this similar experience.

I've taken four other DL-marketed, DL-ticketed, VS-operated flights in the past 3 months. All booked in PE (one I later upgraded to UC, but that part is irrelevant for this question). Did not have any issues selecting seats for any of them - though it's inconsistent. For one set, I was able to select seats via DL.com and have them stick. For another, I had to use my 006 ticket # to log in to the VS website and could select there and they stuck.

Just made another booking today, again 006, DL-marketed, VS-operated. DL.com shows me a seatmap with everything blocked out. VS.com shows me a seatmap with open seats, but when I choose/submit anything, it gives me an error.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?