FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta flight delayed 8 hr 21 mins - can I ask for reimbursement re: missed connection
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:53 am
lss250

Delta flight delayed 8 hr 21 mins - can I ask for reimbursement re: missed connection

Hi all, a few weeks ago my Delta flight from JFK to LHR was delayed ~8 hours - first weather, then a long taxi line at JFK, then a pilot who timed out, then waiting for a new crew to arrive. I had a British Airways flight from LHR to Vienna (my final destination) that I missed. I made a new booking for a BA flight 3 hours later - when it was clear I'd also miss that flight, I made a second booking and did end up making that flight.

Both the Delta and the BA flights were booked with miles, with the incidental fees/taxes paid by my Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have low status on Delta (silver) and none with BA. Is there any way I can ask for compensation for the lost miles on the two British airways flights I missed (the original booking plus the first rebooked flight)? Since the Delta and BA flights weren't on the same ticket, i'm guessing no, but figured i'd check...