FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:12 am
eyeh921

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, United 1P
Final Edit (8/22): Sometime between 108 (4.5 days) hours and 114 hours (4.75 days) is when I received my miles. Unfortunately, my award is now gone - not sure how I feel about being stuck with United miles.

Original post (8/20):
I started a transfer on Friday, Aug 17 @ 7:50pm for 109K miles, however, after 60+ hours, no miles have been posted. This is a transfer between two of my accounts under my name, and I have done a number of instantaneous transfers before.

Things I have tried:
  • Call Chase Sapphire Reserve - Quick to answer the phone call, but also quick to tell you it's United fault. Reps seem to make up the window for when it's supposed to be posted. I have heard anywhere from instant to 2-3 days to 7-10 days. An agent even told me that if I'm not seeing the miles, it means that everyone is similarly waiting as well. Based on this forum, that claim seems like fake news. It goes to tell you Chase reps don't know what's going on. On day 4, however, an agent was willing to help me escalate to its marketing team. I am, however, not sure if this contributed to me ultimately (pun intended) receiving my miles.
  • Call MileagePlus - Quick to answer the phone call, but also quick to tell you to call Chase. I feel like I'm in Sarte's No Exit play. One even tried to sell the United / Chase credit card to me, and I tried the "Hang-up and call again" method multiple times
  • Call International Desk - This is by far the most helpful. If you cite this problem, the International Desk will put the award on hold while you wait for your miles, especially if it's a United ticket. If it's a partner ticket (in my case), it will depend on the agent and supervisor on duty. However, the hold for partner ticket is only for a day. If the day runs out, you are on your own
I will keep people posted when the miles arrive to complete the data point, but sadly, there is not much to be done but wait. I hope this doesn't happen to others, but if it does, know you are in good company.

Last edited by eyeh921; Aug 22, 2018 at 4:37 pm Reason: Update