FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Currency for one-way tickets from another country
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:54 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That rather sounds to me like it was exactly a point of sale issue. AIUI the way that UK call centres work, when pricing in EUR the relevant EU POS is used; but when pricing in GBP the UK POS is used.

So that could be why the EUR fare was lower (using availability from a lower booking class) but the GBP quote had to be booked into a higher booking class.

Whenever I get something like this, I ask the agent what booking classes are being used for the unexpectedly high fare. If that doesn't identify the problem, the next question is what fare basis/bases are being used (sometimes a specific fare basis has to be forced by the agent).
I would agree with what you say, but I have also had several situations over the years where a UK CS agent could not book an Ex EUR, even in EUR, at the EU POS prices. A couple of times we worked out that this was because the UK agents had different fares (not inventory) showing to those available to the EU agents, which I thought meant that POS was generally not determined by currency but location of sales office. All very confusing