FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:47 am
Rusdude

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
If Marriott had publicly announced the Marriott Travel Package certificate conversion chart in advance, nobody could legitimately complain. That's really the point and source of all the dissatisfaction.
Completely agree!

Marriott was very coy and pretended they weren’t sure what’s going to happen (based on interviews/Q&As with travel bloggers).

It’s inconceivable they didn’t know a final conversion chart on August 17 if it was announced early on August 18.

Few people would complsin if the mapping was fair or generous but announcing N-3 category mapping a day after the fact is an absolute travesty.

At worst, people expected N-2 mapping, e.g. 8->6. Pretty much all of Cat 8 hotels I’ve looked at (dozen or so), went from 8 to 6 so it was a fair expectation that’s how TPs would work.

(Not even to mention all the times CSRs told me and others that mapping would be the same, e.g. 8 to 8).

I say we give Marriott this week to change their mind and then FT army should come up with some template letters to appropriate authorities — something that lays out arguments in a clear & concise manner without too much emotion.