FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking with schedule change and no help from SK
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:21 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm not shocked at all. This is the standard reaction of airlines when presented with award tickets issued by other carriers. Apparently, this is far more complicated to deal with than revenue tickets. The standard reply is always: "You need to contact the issuing carrier" so have issues for award tickets resolved. Only on the day of departure the carrier will be able to rebook/reroute in case of IRROPS - and even then many agents will try to get away with "sorry, but you need to contact Eurobonus..." (or whoever issued the ticket).

It is SK Eurobonus that needs to contact AC (and not the other way around) and persuade AC to release seats/to rebook the pax on other AC flights so EB can reissue the tickets subsequently.
Even on the day of departure it is unlikely to get handled until you arrive at the airport causing the misconnect. Have tried this between Lufthansa and SK In the end I was forced to fly to Munich for I connection I knew I would miss Ended up on NH rather than LH, and in a revenue booking class So all in all a win.

But frustrating to get "talk to SK" at one end, and "talk to LH in Munich" in the other.