FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are they restricting pre take off champagne on regional flights ?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:02 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I thought the review a tad on the pessimistic side. I have never had reason to complain about the service - but maybe I am used to the TG service protocols. The lounges are a shame in Bangkok, but a trip to the SQ lounge would have sorted that out (after the 30 minute massage of course!)

Agree the menu isn't vegetarian friendly, and those unaware might be caught out (most airlines go down the 'cheap' route of offering one choice of vegetarian pasta with tomato sauce. But that often feels like cost cutting rather than a genuine concern for passenger preference.)

Bed length - can be an issue for tall people if sleeping only on your back or stomach, but recently I've moved to sleeping on my side and the seat is very comfortable for that.

The midnight flight back from BKK to MEL I reckon can be underwhelming. Nothing to eat in the lounges of any note, and only a small meal before breakfast 7 hours later. Fine, perhaps, if you originate in BKK, but not if you are connecting (or unless you visited SQ's lounge).