FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Systems Outage Update
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:35 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, just reading this is making me dizzy.

At around 2:30pm when I logged in my Marriott account I saw all my SPG pts were transferred to my Marriott account with 2 line entries - just HOW this happened? I did not initiate any transfer either online or by phone. The system has done some crazy things!

The only way I could see my Marriott account with correct information was using Private Browsing. I NEVER have any site remember me to begin with and I always UNCHECK that annoying box.

I have the same email address for both Marriott and SPG accounts (different passwords) - SPG site would not let me log in with the existing SPG password. Log in with Marriott password at SPG site brought me to Marriott account despite SPG logo was displayed on the screen.

The ONLY way I can log in SPG is using Private Browsing mode just like with the Marriott account. Then I saw the SPG pts bal which is now translated to the 3x ratio. I also saw the newly assigned 9 digits number. Not sure what to do with it for the moment.

I would just wait till days pass when the system becomes MORE STABLE before I try to combine the 2 accounts.