FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Years of status is available
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:37 pm
fluxtravels

I'll weigh in with what I'm observing on my account, maybe it'll be useful information for others experiencing similar issues.

I've been a MR member since 2009, and with the exception of my first year (registered December, hit Silver), I've held Platinum (now Plat Premier) status every year. As it stands currently, Marriott is recognizing 7 years Platinum status (and 8 years of Silver or higher). If they are not counting nights from this year (for 2019 status), I'd except that number to be 9 years Platinum (and 10 years Silver+). If they are counting this year and what I'd qualify for in 2019, it ought to be 10 Platinum (and 11 Silver+).

I'm hesitant to even merge my SPG account with my Marriott account until that is all sorted out. My SPG account correctly has 2 years of Platinum, so no worries there. The issue just seems to be on the MR side, and I sincerely hope they get it sorted without me having to spend a pile of time on the phone trying to resolve it, particularly since the LTPP tier is only a grandfathered situation.

Last edited by fluxtravels; Aug 19, 2018 at 2:37 pm Reason: Typo