FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:25 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by GoPhils

I get what you’re saying, but then what the heck is the point of the status if it doesn’t receive the benefits? It makes no sense. Your quote clearly explains that LT status in general may not actually be lifetime, but I think it’s a pretty safe assumption that as long as LT status and the current status levels exists, LTPP will have the benefits of LTPP (other than those which are achieved specifically by staying a certain number of nights).
Can you find where it states LTPP gets PPE benefits? There is an assumption but nothing actually written. Benefits are not granted by assumption, they are granted by the written terms. The links on my account agree with what is written, not with the assumption. Maybe the links will change, but my immediate assumption that the links were wrong might not be correct; we may only be getting Plat benefits.

The point of the status was always to not give MR LTP the same status as MR LTG. The facts SPG members were not originally included and the lack of statement on the marketing materials that LTPP would get PP benefits despite clear statements for the other levels were pretty big clues.