FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:34 pm
1KChinito

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by landrew
Apparently I canceled a flight last year and completely forgot about it (very complicated). Have flown UA many times since. There was no indication anywhere obvious that I had potential funds to be applied to purchases, I only realized this today when an agent mentioned it as I was making other reservations for two of us. She didn't volunteer to apply it, and I didn't think to ask her to. She then totally screwed up what she was supposed to do, and I wasted about an hour getting another agent to correct; but I digress).

When I then went to check it out myself, it appears that I can only apply the refund (minus the change fee) to a ticket for myself.
Is this true?

I don't know that I will fly another itinerary in the remaining time that would use the entire refund for myself. So am I SOL, or is there a way to apply a refund to two tickets?

If I were to go now and try to ticket myself using my refund and then hubby separately, I assume the latest prices would apply and not what I managed to get earlier?
Thanks.
If your tickets were issued within last 24 hours, you can cancel get a full refund. Then rebook using your credit.

How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight