FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:03 pm
jeffeverde

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ramirez60
Thanks for the reply! The promotional status challenge I'm doing is only eligible for those partners, CX is not.

I'm ok spending whatever I have to to hit the threshold, just trying to find the best possible deal. Might just do a weekend in Vegas and then a trip to LA on the 7th with parts in J or F to hit the threshold. I had a flight booked from DEL - LAX on the 5th that hit my goals but I had to cancel that trip and kinda scrambling to fill in now.
The kink in your search (aside from the short timeline with a holiday weekend in it :P ) is hitting the EQD's while minimizing cost. Flying AA metal or an AA codeshare, your EQD is directly tied to the ticket price, and that $1660 EQD is going to require about $1800-2000 in out-out-pocket spend.

If your challenge requires AA metal or a codeshare, then it is what it is and you're searching for a $2000 ticket that will get you 13100 EQM - which is pretty easy to do.

If your challenge requires one of those partners, but it doesn't require a codeshare ticket, then you're looking for the cheapest 13100 mile Y or 8740 mile PE that you can find. (those partners all earn at 1xEQM and 20%EQD per airmile for Y and 1.5xEQM/20%EQD for PE)