FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:31 pm
MPH1980

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks very much for the report, which I am sure would be useful to other travellers. However 20 minutes (after a few difficulties) is pretty good for anywhere out of the AMS/CPH style arrangement. One wouldn't get much more than that at LUX, and that is a tiny airport building. Now these B2Bs aren't for everyone and Pisa is a good example of a place perhaps worth an overnight stay - apparently there are a few interesting monuments in town. However I'm almost tempted to up the suitability rating for Pisa based on your experiences! But if Italian fares are looking good, and they often are, then MXP and FCO remain better options for those who don't want too much hassle. The point about quiet periods is a good one however, I've had a bit of wait for security there, but I doubt it would stretch to 20 minutes, though it would perhaps feel like that.
I certainly wouldn't up it's rating. I think the situation is very time dependant.

I departed on the 607 ... assuming you're going through security at ~7pm - you are going to be competing with people trying to get on flights from 7:30 to 9pm. Tonight there were 5 other flights around the same time (and mostly towards 9pm) and just 1 other departing a '2x' gate (one of the ones behind passport control).

If I had been trying to get out on the 603 - I'd have been going through security around 10:30 - meaning flights from 11am to 1pm. Of those, today, there would have been 11 of those - and of those - 8 all trying to get through the passport queues.

Then I see stuff like this on twitter:

And frankly - I suspect I was lucky. I was certainly very downhearted when I hit the inbound passport queue, but it moved surprisingly quickly - helped I think by the volume of european visitors.

So I'd leave it at reasonable. I'm going to add links to my review and this - but I think 'be very cautious' would be my message to people on PSA.