FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:11 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Actually, it's better to sign up for an Experian account through freecreditscore.com, you get your FICO score and also some free credit monitoring and alerts that don't come with the default account at experian.com. If you search for Experian on DoC there is a post about that, and if you look in the comments there is a writeup (look for the latest) of how to convert your account if you signed up at Experian first. I updated mine a month or so ago and it seems that my data refreshes each time there is an alert which is nice. Previously it was updating once a month.
Yes, but you can also sign up for Credit Karma, and that gives you free scores from the other two bureaus.(TU and EQ), plus credit reports (just not sortable) from those other two bureaus.

Plus lots of credit card issuers now give you free credit scores, and some (including Discover) give you some types of free monitoring (like whether they find your info on the "dark web").

I'm not sure what you mean by "each time there is an alert". Experian sends me alerts when I get an Experian pull, with the free credit-report-only account. And I've also seen cases, with my free credit-report-only account, where it updated more often than a month, even though it said it would only update once a month

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 17, 2018 at 10:18 pm