FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:18 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sikorloa
Got an invite with code for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited, for my business, but I don't meet 5/24 rule. Apply or not apply?

I applied for exactly 5 cards in the past 24 months, however some were business cards for my small business (with separate EIN)
The way you figure out if you're 5/24 is not by guessing. Go to Check Your Credit Report & FICO ® Score Experian and sign up for the free account, which lets you view your credit report (but not your credit score). On the Experian site, you credit report is sortable by date opened, so do that, on both the "open cards" and "closed cards" sections. Then count the number of cards you see in both sections that have an "opened on" date in the past 24 months. (They'll be at the top of each section if you sorted properly>) That's your N/24 count.

Most business cards don't show up on credit reports, and thus don't count for 5/24, but a few business cards do show up (mostly from Discover and Capital One).

So the best way to figure out our N/24 status is to actually count entries on the credit report, because that's exactly what Chase does. And since you can do it for free in just a few minutes on the Experian website, why not do it?

(You can do it for free at other sites like Credit Karma and Annual Credit Report too, but at those sites it's harder because they don't have a way for you to sort the list by card open date.)