FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:15 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by escape4
How does the Hampton Atakoy and HGI Airport compare? I am just looking for a quick overnight.
Never stayed at the Hampton Atakoy, but I have stayed at the Hampton Zeytinburnu a few times and have absolutely no complaints - with the added advantage that it's next to the Marmaray station so it's an easy trip into Instanbul if you want to.

The HGI airport is... umm.. yeah.. For an overnight stay I might stay there again, but only if I was planning to have breakfast in the lounge or on the flight. The hotel itself is fairly mediocre, and the breakfast doesn't even come up to that level... I forget the exact details, but the airport shuttle is very limited. OK, so on second thoughts I probably wouldn't stay there again.

And don't forget that if your flying TK and your "quick overnight" is forced due to their schedule, then they will give you a free hotel for the night.

Also keep in mind that if your quick overnight is sometime after October then it's going to be at the new airport, which is 40km away from either of these hotels...