FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:18 pm
MD/DC Flyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Marriott has left as still ambiguous (to the public at least) some things about what will happen to the legacy TPs. The devil is in the details, and the details of what Marriott will do to these TPs isn’t entirely publicly revealed; and so it’s not certain to the general TP-using customer base that no one will be harmed by Marriott’s actions in this regard.
So basically the statement is based on speculations and fears without any factual basis to it. Now I understand.

So far, Marriott had been extremely fair in the entire process and I would expect it to be fair as it continues. The sparse deatils released so far indicate fair (or at least make one whole) treatment.

Even putting the transition aside, "someone" can always be harmed if someone procrastinate. I'm sure someone in the past had waited to long and the hotel they wanted changed category without enough points to buy up, for example. Cases on edge will always be there, and someone will inevitably will not be able to get the value they thought they going to get - and by all indications even those will be able to get the relative points value back. But between that and "harmed" there is a major difference.

Of course I can be wrong, but I doubt it.