FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:09 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Oh well. I nearly transferred 100K in Chase UR points to top up to 1.6M Marriott Points. Thankfully I didn't.
I'm also getting word from Marriott agents that for Marriott to Marriott transfers, it is now policy as of July 24, 2018, that transfers over 100K in MR have to have both accounts over 90 days old. Has anyone else heard this? Furthermore, the "system" they use for transferring over 100K is down.

In this case, I'll have to [b]make the reservation under my wife's marriott account and hope I can somehow transfer it to my account as I have platinum[\b]. Since there is no way I hit 500 Marriott ONLY nights by year end, and the new LT programs don't care about LT points, I guess this isn't too big of a deal to not add to my LT points balance.
What is the goal here? A better upgrade, credit for stay to your account, or something else?

You may find just contacting MPG or the property to add your name to the rez and letting them know you are Plat will get them to bump the rez. Also, at check in you might be able to get them to change the account number to your's so it posts to your account (very iffy). I suspect there will be a lot of gotcha's in the upcoming weeks and some will be bad.