FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phone lost at IAH (17 Aug 2018) & now found
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:33 pm
economyplusfan

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
It's entirely possible that the phone never moved. Assisted GPS also uses WiFi, as I understand it, which is then relying on the location information being set properly on the WiFi base station. (If you've ever moved and found that your phone still thought you were at your old home, now you know why...)
Interesting. I walked directly from security to E1, and was never in the E19 and E21 area of the E concourse, which is some distance away. The GPS on my iPad, as I sat in the plane, had that device's location pinned down perfectly, and I from that vantage point I watched my phone move around the airport at quite a reasonable pace (it was not bouncing around as it might if the tracking signals were weak). I was surprised to see it outside as opposed to in someone's backpack. But you have given me hope that it is in a TSA drawer or UA drawer and I may get a call. The phone is no longer responding, and so it must be out of battery (which is strange, since in lost mode it goes into power saver).