FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:58 am
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Question for you guys. I posted this in the wrong thread, but think I'm in the right spot now.

Ok, so we get 10% of our points back if we have a Hyatt cc for award stays through end of Sept. I'm trying to decide if I should make a few cheap mattress runs now or wait until I know for sure I need them in December.

Does anyone remember what Hyatt promotions have run in the last 2-3 years in the last calendar quarter that might help me determine whether I should do those runs now or wait?
I concur with the others - WoH hasn't done a whole lot in the way of promotions, and looking back to what Hyatt Gold Passport did isn't likely to be useful.
Especially if you have any cheap category 1 Hyatt Regencies, I would recommend mattress running now. 10% back on points through CC, plus 2500 points after every 5 nights at HR/GH through the end of August.

If you have a Cat 1 HR, that means you spend 5K points, get 500 back from CC 10%, 500 back from HR bonus, so a net of 4K points/night.

The best (and really only real promotion) since I've been with Hyatt in the last four years is their Stay More Play More promotion (they've ran it 2 or 3 times). Essentially it maxes out at 25 nights in a 3 month period gets you 75K points. Plus, on top of the Diamond bonus (500-1K points), lounge closure bonus (2500 points/stay) the points ended up being nearly as valuable as the money spent. But the huge thing to keep in mind is that Points-only stays didn't count toward status and you couldn't apply TSU to points-only stays, so it required actual money-out-of-pocket.