FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:46 pm
Bravada04

Well I don't travel for work anymore so I just want to reach my 50 nights. I need at least 3 nights on this September trip with SPG/MAR to keep in line with my 50. So I tried 4 LNF's for the Renaissance and they all got denied. I can honestly say I have never really used the MAR website and find it horrible! I filter the hotels by price and they are all over the place in comparison to the SPG site?? I literally have to open each one up and figure out what the total cost actually is........I don't know, unless it just me? ..... but I can't stand it. Literally.

I ended up just booking the Renaissance for 3 nights........give it a shot. Then just going to Bally's for the last 3 and use comps anyway there. Over the years I always know exactly when my Vegas trips are so I have BRG's almost every stay at the Westin......this time around I just could not find a rate. I booked the Renaissance on a pre-paid rate and it is still probably 75% of what I would usually pay at the Westin for 6 nights on a BRG - especially when they used to remove the resort fee. Booking the Westin right now for my dates on the cheapest pre-paid rate would be running around $1400-$1500 CDN. No thanks!

What a sad, sad day Saturday will be.

I believe the Monorail is right beside the Renaissance so that will be fine. What are there Plat benefits there - any upgrades to suites or Club Rooms? What about breakfast - in the lounge or restaurant? ....anything else.

Is there any convenience stores walking distance from the Renaissance?