FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Delta Follow it’s Own Upgrade Rules
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:22 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Icecat
Did you purchase a first class seat? No you didn't so quit complaining that you did't get upgrade, it's not a right.
OP bought a coach seat that is supposed to convert into a first class seat when certain conditions are met. Those conditions were met, yet the first class seat did not materialize.

Originally Posted by Icecat
Now retired whenever I travel more than three hours, I purchase a first class ticket, business class on international.
I certainly agree with, and practice, WFBF as a _strategy_ if you want to be sure of sitting up front without having to sweat the upgrade process.

However I don't agree with it as a sneering response at people who legitimately ought to have been upgraded but weren't.

If a store publishes a promo of "visit 9 times and the 10th visit is free" and then on the 10th visit they say "sorry we know this is your 10th visit but we're going to make you pay anyway" would anyone tell the customer they're an entitled whiner and if they want the service they should be willing to pay for it?