FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really BA? [wine dispensers in IAD lounge]
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:15 am
simons1

Originally Posted by icegirl
But like I said in that fizz thread they are not the correct calibre for First especially when comparing it to other airlines offerings.
Why is that, and what makes you the judge of it? Personally I dislike champagne, however I do like a good sparkling English wine. The Ridgeview wines which come from about 2 miles from where I live are award winning and extremely good.

As for the wine in the photo above, it appears to come from a vineyard called Camerey, which even Google can't much information. Not even their own website or even a review. So how BA obtained it is seriously worrying.
Why is it "seriously worrying"? It is not unusual for buyers to have their own brand names particularly where bought in bulk.

I have not tried the wine but I am certainly now curious. Don't you think though tits interesting that the producer doesn't have a website nor is there a single review online and you can't even buy the stuff?
Ah so you haven't even tasted it but you find the procurement "seriously worrying" and have decided it is "cheap and nasty wine". Honestly, some posters do make easy fools of themselves, I must say.

The red label shown in post 1 of course explains exactly and logically why the wine is presented in this way.