FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:55 am
fredc84

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by LWT3
Just adding a data point, but nothing we haven't seen before: After getting hit with a couple of MAC denials on personal cards in the first half of the year, I waited 65 days to apply again and got approved (after further processing) on 6/10, then got approved for a business card (after further processing) on 7/13, and I applied today (67 days after the June app) and got my first instant approval on a personal card in quite a while. So nice to get that again.

Also, regarding mailers, I set up a new AA account for one family member back in January and used a shopping portal to show some activity. We still haven't gotten a mailer for that family member, but they did receive a couple of e-mailed offers in June and July. Those expired 7/21, and I tried using one of those codes today for my app, but it gave me an error message saying the information entered didn't match Citi's records. Odd message since the last name was the same and I double-checked to make sure the code was correct. I think the key is that this offer had a $3,000 spend, and all the recent mailers have required $4,000. Citi apparently did not want that offer with the lower MSR to live two months past its expiration date.
My new 60K offer that expires 10/15 has a $3000 spend in 3 months