FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed after equipment change leaves us without bassinet seat
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:18 am
Flexible preferences

Originally Posted by LondonTechTraveller
...And just because the OP didn't understand the baggage rules and was frustrated by another apparent obstacle in their way doesn't justify unpleasantness here. I'm sure they were thankful to the supervisor and check in agent when the fees were waived, even if they didn't express that here!
You might be right about that! This is why I have used the words seemingly and seemed. However, from the evidence before us, the tone and content of the OP's posts don't point towards this imo:

Originally Posted by Midlander
...He then said we would need to pay £130 in excess baggage because we only had two bags, each at about 30kg (so we're 32kg under our total allowance) and because we had opted to reduce the number of bags to make it possible for me to carry them all, we'd have to pay a big excess. Had to speak to a supervisor.

Then at the gate: No, sorry l, we can't move anyone. This happens sometimes.

On the plane: No, sorry.

The other pax weren't interested either. So we'll just have to lump it.

Lovely. Thanks BA. Thanks for your help and understanding.
Originally Posted by Midlander
And regarding the luggage - I can't see why on Earth this is a policy? We were significantly under our allowance, and having extra bags would have made getting around the airport with a newborn virtually impossible: four suitcases, four cabin bags, two car seats, one push chair, two children, all to be handled by two adults...

Another case of not being reasonable with families...