FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:40 am
IndyDave

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Called Marriott support. Was shocked that I was only on hold for 20 minutes and got someone who was familiar with the problem. He told me that I needed to go to Marriott.com and instead of trying to sign in, I needed to create a new online account. He also told me that I needed to put a zero in front of my new account number for this to work.

Then he told me that the system that creates new online accounts is currently down and he didn't know when it would be up again. So he said "keep trying".

This is not fun. They don't tell me a complete new account number and how to create an account and the IT system is down anyhow. Unbelievable......
I had the same issue. It seemed really weird using "Set up new online account" However, I used the new Rewards number given me in the email you referenced. It the asked for new password and I was was in to my account. All looks fine. My only question now is what happens to my Marriott Visa card assigned to the old number.