FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancel Marriott Chase now or wait and "upgrade" card in May?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:45 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Hi,

I currently have Marriott Rewards credit card and wish to upgrade it to the new Marriott Premier Plus credit card but at the same time want to get 15 elite nights in both 2018 and 2019. Do I understand it right that the right way to do this is to wait until 15 elite nights are posted for the old credit card then still in 2018 have the credit card upgraded to get the 15 elite nights in 2019 as well?

Thanks
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, that would seem safest.

The new card will apparently give 15 elite nights around the start of each calendar year, so it's unclear if you'll get 15 elite nights in 2018 if you upgrade before you get them from the old card.
this is exactly what i am waiting to do as well....my card anniversary is in november....i don't care much about the 15 nights since i've already crossed 140+ nights for the year & will have ltpp status in the new program but i don't want to jeopardize my free night....