FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation]
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:43 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FreeLunch
Hockeyinsider - thank you for the review. Did they give any indication of when the construction for the timeshare residences will be done?
They said December, but I imagine it could be longer. The hotel claims it is out of their power, but they are the ones who sold the building. The construction should have been done when the entire hotel was under renovation.

I can put up with a little noise, but they actually put three SPG platinums next to the construction while colleagues of mine with zero status were given rooms at the complete opposite end of the hotel as far from the noise as possible. You want to be on the Mauna Kea volcano side of the hotel to avoid the noise. I also don't like front desks that lie to elites about upgrades.

This would be a phenomenal property if construction was complete and some attention was paid to the details. For example, there is no turndown service. At the same time, they offer complimentary shoe shine service. Really? Who gets their shoes shined at a resort in Hawaii? You'd think turndown service would be a better offering. There are no fresh berries on the buffet, which is otherwise very good. They keep the legacy SPG standard of Starbucks coffee in the room even though this is Kona and almost every legacy SPG or legacy Marriott property in Hawaii has Kona or Kona blend coffee, despite national or international hotel brand standards.nAnd despite the hotel owners (Prince) being Japanese, they don't have the wonderful Toto toilets. Instead, they have installed a (presumably) cheaper Brondell contraption.