FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:06 pm
Venezuela-Miami

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I read it differently than you.

https://members.marriott.com/rewarding-events/

It seems meetings will only earn 10 elite nights for the FIRST meeting...and no meetings without rooms beyond the first will earn elite nights.

It seems that every 20 room nights will earn 1 additional elite night--which is precisely what SPG Pro did in the past two years. (Before that, it was 1 additional elite night for every 10 room nights.)

It seems that Marriott is incorporating its old 10 elite nights for a meeting ONLY for the first meeting (without rooms). That eliminates the ridiculous accumulation of elite nights that was permissible and quite common under the old Marriott Rewards rules. It also seems Marriott is incorporating the SPG Pro approach beyond that, requiring 20 room nights to earn additional elite nights. Events without rooms won't earn elite nights beyond the first meeting.

Sounds pretty straightforward and reasonable to me, actually.
I read it exactly as you, seems straightforward to me.