FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:55 am
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by RafKa
I doubt this will fly, when they're still selling TPs under the current T&Cs. At the very least, I would expect to have a 45k refund on a Cat 1-5 (future Cat 1-4) on "legacy TPs".
Although I know that people have been receiving 45K when cancelling a Cat 1-5 hotel award, there is no mention of that amount anywhere in Marriott's current Terms and Conditions. From a practical perspective, if it isn't in the T&Cs, it isn't definitive. So, it would be unreasonable to expect customers to be satisfied with 45K if MPG cancelled their awards and it should not be assumed that when a customer cancels that the 45K rate would continue. On the other hand, MPG has been reasonable and I would still expect some form of rebate for a voluntary hotel cancellation.

"Travel Packages

1. All Rewards Program Rules apply.
  2. Miles will be automatically transferred into the participating frequent flyer program account that matches the name on your Rewards Program Account.
  3. Once processed, airline Miles cannot be transferred back to your Rewards Program Account."

Current Terms and Conditions

Last edited by rny321; Aug 15, 2018 at 9:20 am