FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2018 about, guide to, listing of, compensation
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:11 am
LutherVP

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by LutherVP
Flying SCL-DFW-XXX last night in premium economy. Flight cancelled for mechanical after we sit on board for 3 hours, usual shenanigans ensue but we end up taken back through immigration and customs, wait for a bus to hotel (the Sheraton - nice!) and they reschedule last night's flight for tonight. (>24 hours later). I called AA and even working through LAN they couldn't get me home less than 24 hours after the scheduled arrival. I understand that mechanicals happen, and all in all the local AA folks handled things reasonably well (though the buses took forever to show up and they could have just given everyone taxi vouchers). But given that I am getting home 24 hours later than scheduled, I would expect some compensation. Any sense of what would be reasonable? I have platinum status in case that matters.
Just to add a data point here, sending an email produced 15,000 miles. Not sure how a 24 hour delay is equivalent to non-working IFE, but there are bigger problems in this world...