FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safe connecting time in Doha
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:53 am
Global321

Originally Posted by LondonElite
On separate tickets I don’t think 4 and 5 are going to work in your favour if your inbound is late. I would expect to fork out for a new ticket to BKK. In that case you’ll probably miss your dinner.
Originally Posted by plunet
5. Has been experienced by travellers on QR previously as a form of service recovery. However I think I have only heard it once or twice on the forum. If the worst happens then whilst it will not hurt to ask, set your expectations to fully expect a No, and be prepared with a suitable insurance strategy for the onward flight CGK to BKK.

Also, assuming this is a return flight, if you manage to roll the dice and get rerouted to BKK you then need to ensure that your return flight tickets are protected. Depending how the reroute is done in ticketing can cause complications for the return.

Note that QR ground staff are unusually inflexible and don't typically offer great customer service in the face of IROPS.

Good luck and please report back on what happens.
Thanks for the advice. I am hoping - if the worst happens - all being OW and being Emerald - they will help us out.
I will report back.