FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HUCA - what CRM capabilities does UA have?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:37 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Except there's no indication OP would have walked away from UA if the waiver had been declined. Most likely UA could get the $12k and the change fees.
You can poke the bear and hope it doesn't bite, or not poke the bear and know it doesn't bite.

I've walked away from otherwise mutually beneficial business relationships because I perceived that I was being nickel and dimed (one of the most petty may be a local performing arts venue that has (had?) the gall to charge a $7.50 "shipping and handling" fee on all tickets including those at will-call in addition to a myriad of surcharges that really should have been bundled into the ticket price. Another venue got thousands in spending from me because although their ticket prices are higher, I don't have BS fees tacked on at the last moment(e.g. with venue A a $100 ticket can turn into a $119 ticket; venue B a $125 ticket is a $125 ticket) -- I pay more but I feel the relationship is more fair and I'm not being taken advantage of.

Likewise I try to avoid nickel and diming my customers with particular emphasis on my high value/low maintenance clients. One change order may not cause them to get wandering eyes, but over time it may contribute to that revenue going away.