FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:03 am
clubeurope

I really liked The Dorchester in Mayfair and The Savoy on the Strand. The Savoy for the views (and the rooms), The Dorchester for the food and the service (room great as well). Both are relatively older hotels (aren't they all ), but the Dorchester have always felt a lot more modern to me, with their B&O televisions (and its incredibly heavy remote control).

In my opinion, nothing really beats the view from The Savoy's riverside rooms or suites. That with a french omelette at 7 am is my definition of pure bliss.

The Dorchester on the other hand remains as brilliant of a hotel. I wouldn't say the views are as nice, but something about the ambiance really sets it apart from the other hotels. After all, you'd almost always chance upon the occasional Arab Princess and her entourage after a weekend shopping trip at Harrods.

Other than the two, The Lanesborough remains rather agreeable, although I wouldn't say I am a fan of the new design. I've always felt the rooms are rather on the dark side. Although, I do love the hotel for Céleste, which is one spectacular restaurant.