FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:42 am
Luis M.

AA MR from CLT – 20-30K EQMs for ~<$800 towards Exec Plat…

Departure Airport(s): CLT (although in past MR, I have re-positioned since CLT is expensive)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 30K EQMs (for the right weekend trip could do 20K and save last 10K for a 2nd easier late year MR)
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: <=$800 (if higher fare for PE or B makes EQMs more attainable in 1 MR, then open to higher ~$1200?)
Available Travel Dates: 10/20, 10/27, (backup 12/14 from CLT or MIA)
Max # Travel Nights: 0-1… Sleep in planes. Ideal leave Fri back Mon
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA preferred since I can try and use SWUs
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

That time of year again and it seems that my gap to fill this year is bigger. I am fine on EQDs, but will need some EQMs. Based on already booked trips, I estimate about 30K EQMs needed to renew Exec Plat. Can maybe go for 20K or do a premium fare to close the gap and see if a last minute Dec trip is still needed. Thank you @swingaling that last year found me a $573 IAH-LAX-HKG that combined with a cheap positioning CLT-IAH, basically got me ~20K EQMs. Plus got me a 12hr 1st visit to HKG and good Dim sum.

This year, looking at a few possible weekends including departing Fridays 10/20, 10/27 or possible last ditch on 12/14 if first MR is short of EQMs. Always hard to start and end in CLT as it drives the price way up, so looking for some suggestions on routes to hit the above. Last 2 MRs had me back home Monday that usually works best. Even best if I can use SWU for any long haul. Any help for domestic ping-pong type of MR or international would be much appreciated. Looked around and not much recently for CLT.

Thank you!